From school construction, to sports arena design, manufacture and erection, Edwards has a broad expertise in all aspects of the construction industry. With close working relationships with many of the major construction firms, we work collaboratively according to the needs of the project and customer.
- Sports arenas
Key areas of expertise:
- Structural design
- Supply chain management
- Fabrication of complex and high specification structures including mild and stainless steel, brass and aluminium
- Installation and erection
- Edwards fabricated and installed the steelwork for the main stand at McDiarmid Park in Perth, home of the St Johnstone Football Club.
- For the Perth Schools construction programme, Edwards fabricated and installed the structural steel work for six schools.
- For Abertay University, Edwards designed, fabricated and installed structural steel for the refurbishment of the Kydd Building in Dundee, Scotland.
- The Old Tweed Bridge was opened by Sir Walter Scott in 1832 and was the main link between Selkirk and Galashiels for 140 years. The bridge is used by pedestrian traffic and had fallen into a state of disrepair following the opening of the nearby A7 crossing of the Tweed River. Further to a full risk assessment being completed, Edwards fabricated temporary propping and an encapsulation structure underneath and around the bridge to protect the stonemasons (see case study and news article).