- Premium food producers
- Grain processers
- Bottling and packaging operations
Key areas of expertise:
- All aspects of grain handling including conveyors, silos, malt turners, drying floors, barley washing, malt clovers, wet and dry grain handling, and kiln heating and heat recovery
- The manufacture and installation of pipework systems, valves, tanks and liquid storage vessels
- Upgrading and enhancing processing plants, packaging and bottling lines
Where the challenge faced is a new one, we have a track record of innovative problem-solving that is both practical and delivers value for money.
- Working for Diageo, we removed an existing malt stripper loader at their Port Ellen maltings on Islay, then manufactured and installed a new stainless steel stripper loader for the germination and kilning vessel.
- We were commissioned by Boortmalt to replace the glass tube heat exchangers, and manufacture and install high-level, large stainless steel ducting and support steelwork for their maltings in Buckie.
- Our team successfully refurbished the Crisp Malting Group malthouse at Portgordon without any impact or slowdown for the ongoing malting process (see case study).
- As well as supplying and installing grain handling equipment for Dalwhinnie Distillery, we manufactured and installed stainless steel pipework, and supplied and installed DSEAR equipment for one of Diageo’s famous Highland distilleries.
- And at Lagavulin, one of Diageo’s Islay distilleries, we made alterations to existing steelwork, and manufactured and installed stainless steel pipework, as well as manufacturing and installing a new stainless steel spirit tank, and fitting a tanker loader.
- We designed and built a new blending centre for Broxburn Bottlers – Scotland’s largest independent whisky blending and bottling company. And to meet the challenging deadline, we undertook complete 3D engineering modelling of the structural, mechanical and process components of the project. And by completing the majority of fabrication and preparation works off-site and minimising on-site pipe and steel work, we significantly streamlined the installation (see case study and news).
- Muntons, the leading supplier of malts and malted ingredients to the global food and drinks industry, tasked us with the complete refurbishment of two germination box buildings alongside the installation of new malting beds. This project highlighted our position as a leading expert in streamlining engineering projects, from conception and fabrication, to installation and completion (see case study and news).
- James Aimers Tea & Coffee commissioned us to design, plan and install a coffee bean roasting production process and CDM-manage the whole project from inception to final commissioning and handover (see case study and news).
- QAS Group, one of the spirits industry largest independent packagers, commissioned Edwards to design and build a new spirit processing and bottling capability in Kirkcaldy. Edwards managed the project (see case study and news).
Contact us to find out more about how we can help you.