We work across all aspects of the whisky and spirits world – distilling, blending, warehousing and bottling. Our skills in steel fabrication, mechanical and electrical engineering, project management and servicing are evident in distilleries and warehouses across Scotland – and beyond.
And in 2019, we re-established Cockayne as a joint venture between ourselves and DPS Group. Cockayne is the leading provider of whisky cask filling and disgorging solutions, supplying the majority of Scotland’s distilleries and bottling plants.
Key areas of expertise:
- Distillery malt intakes and processing, pipework, mash tuns and vessels (see Food and Drink).
- Cask filling and disgorging through our sister company Cockayne.
- Cask warehousing, blending and bottling (see our Broxburn Bottlers case study).
- Working for Diageo, we removed an existing malt stripper loader at their Port Ellen Maltings on Islay, then manufactured and installed a new stainless steel stripper loader for the germination and kilning vessel.
- As well as supplying and installing grain handling equipment for Dalwhinnie Distillery, we manufactured and installed stainless steel pipework, and supplied and installed DSEAR equipment for one of Diageo’s famous Highland distilleries.
- And at Lagavulin, one of Diageo’s Islay distilleries, we made alterations to existing steelwork, and manufactured and installed stainless steel pipework, as well as manufacturing and installing a new stainless steel spirit tank, and fitting a tanker loader.
- We also designed and built a new blending centre for Broxburn Bottlers – Scotland’s largest independent whisky blending and bottling company. To meet the challenging deadline, we undertook complete 3D engineering modelling of the structural, mechanical and process components of the project. By completing the majority of fabrication and preparation works off-site and minimising on-site pipe and steel work, we significantly streamlined the installation (see case study and news).