Edwards Engineering is one of the largest installer and maintainer of grain dryers and grain handling equipment in the UK and have developed a thorough understanding of our customers’ objectives. We focus on delivering efficient, safe and cost-effective solutions.
We have relationships with all the major equipment manufacturers and offer independent and unbiased advice on plant and equipment selection. Manufacturers include among others:
Our complete turnkey project packages include the design, specification, sourcing and installation of:
- Grain dryers, grain cleaners and other grain-processing equipment
- Steel framed buildings and sheds, including grain stores and machinery buildings
- Grain storage silos, hopper bins, and bulk load-out systems
- Conveyors, elevators and screw augers
- Dust extraction equipment, fans, filtration, ductwork and silencing equipment
- Structural steelwork and access platforms
- Grain ducting valves and slides
- Kerosene dryer burners, bunded diesel fuel tanks, and gas burner systems
Servicing and Maintenance
Our after sales service and maintenance capability ensures customers continue to be supported throughout the life of their plant. Our offering includes comprehensive annual dryer servicing covering full mechanical and electrical checks. We deliver oil-fired burner services as well as certified electrical testing of gearboxes, motors and temperature controls. We also perform infrared testing of electrical systems, wiring and controls.
During the harvest period, Edwards operates a complete support service for emergency repairs to breakdowns of grain-processing equipment. Our engineers provide a 24-hour call-out service to ensure our customers’ equipment is delivering at this crucial time of year.
ATEX and DSEAR Compliance
The Edwards team have extensive knowledge of DSEAR regulations and a wide experience of working in ATEX environments. We can undertake in-depth surveys, reviews and assessments of customer sites and provide DSEAR compliant recommendations and a programme of remedial works to ensure the customer's site is fully compliant.
Our CompEx qualified personnel have the underpinning knowledge in place to apply their skills to safely install, inspect and maintain electrical and mechanical equipment unique to explosive atmospheres created in the processing of granular products.
- For East of Scotland Farmers, Edwards installed one of Europe’s largest grain drying facilities (see case study).
- For a major grain processor in Fife, Edwards designed and installed a major upgrade including a SVEGMA continuous flow 50tph Grain Dryer, Skandia conveyors and elevators, a JKF dust filtration system along with the grain pre-cleaner and cleaner from Cimbria (see case study and news article).
- During the COVID-19 lockdown Edwards continued to provide services and work on site for our customers given their critical part in the food supply chain. One notable project has been the installation of a state-of-the-art oat seed plant for Harleys combined with a new bagging plant (see case study and news article).