Edwards Engineering is the largest installer and maintainer of grain dryers in Scotland and have developed a thorough understanding of our customers’ objectives. We focus on delivering efficient and cost-effective solutions.
We have relationships with all the major equipment manufacturers and offer independent and unbiased advice on plant and equipment selection. Manufacturers include among others:
Our complete turnkey project packages include the specification, sourcing and installation of:
- Grain dryers, grain cleaners and other grain-processing equipment
- Steel framed buildings and sheds, including grain stores and machinery buildings
- Grain storage silos, hopper bins, and bulk load-out systems
- Conveyors, elevators and screw augers
- Dust extraction equipment, fans, filtration, ductwork and silencing equipment
- Structural steelwork and access platforms
- Grain ducting valves and slides
- Kerosene dryer burners, bunded diesel fuel tanks, and gas burner systems
Our after sales service and maintenance capability ensures customers continue to be supported throughout the life of their plant. Our offering includes comprehensive annual dryer servicing covering full mechanical and electrical checks. We deliver oil-fired burner services as well as certified electrical testing of gearboxes, motors and temperature controls. We also perform infrared testing of electrical systems, wiring and controls.
During the harvest period, Edwards operates a complete support service for emergency repairs to breakdowns of grain-processing equipment. Our engineers provide a 24-hour call-out service to ensure our customers’ equipment is delivering at this crucial time of year.
- Throughout Scotland and Northern England, Edwards has installed grain handling and drying equipment on numerous farms and for grain processors. The firm continues to build ongoing relationships by performing annual maintenance work.
- For East of Scotland Farmers, Edwards installed one of Europe’s largest grain drying facilities (see case study).